Since 1993, we have delivered training in cities as diverse as:
| Corona / Salinas / Pasadena, CA
| Torrance / Lancaster / Hayward, CA
| Palmdale / Orange / Escondido, CA
| Fullerton / Sunnyvale / Elk Grove, CA
| Thousand Oaks / El Monte / Concord, CA
| Simi Valley / Vallejo / Inglewood, CA
| Visalia / Costa Mesa / Downey, CA
| Santa Clara / West Covina / Roseville, California
| Norwalk / Fairfield / Burbank, California
| San Buenaventura / Richmond / Berkeley, California
| Daly City / Antioch /Foster City, California
| Milpitas / Sacramento, California
| Lakewood / Fort Collins / Thornton ,Colorado
| Westminster / Arvada / Pueblo ,Colorado
| Bridgeport / Hartford / New Haven ,CT
| Stamford / Waterbury ,Connecticut
| Pembroke Pines / Hollywood / Port St. Lucie ,Florida
| Coral Springs / Gainesville / Miramar ,FLA
| Clearwater / Pompano Beach / Ft. Lauderdale / Orlando, FL
| Savannah & Athens, Georgia
| Naperville & Joliet ,Illinois
| Springfield / Peoria / Elgin ,Illinois
| Muncie, Indiana
| Evansville & South Bend, Indiana
| Muncie & Cedar Rapids ,Iowa
| Kansas City / Topeka / Olathe ,Kansas
| Lafayette ,Louisiana
| Springfield / Lowell / Cambridge ,MA
| Warren / Sterling Heights / Flint ,Michigan
| Lansing & Ann Arbor,Michigan
| Independence / St. Louis / Saint Louis,Missouri
| Billings & Lincoln,Nebraska
| Manchester ,New Hampshire
| Bellevue ,Washington
| Green Bay ,Wisconsin. Contact us to discuss bringing our training to your location!
Online .NET Training
Register for a Class
Agile CT UserGroup
Recent .NET Training Clients
| 5-Day ASP.NET Training
.NET 3.5 Developer
ASP.NET Training 5-day BOOTCAMP using C#.NET™
NewTech's intense hands-on ASP.NET Training with C#.NET, using the current version, in a comprehensive 5-day format.
ASP.NET Training 5-day BOOTCAMP using VB.NET™
NewTech's intense hands-on ASP.NET Training with VB.NET, using the current version, in a comprehensive 5-day format.
| 1-Day .NET 3.5 Training:
AJAX & LINQ
AJAX Training Hands-On
1 intense hands-on day of AJAX training in .NET
LINQ Training Hands-On
1 intense hands-on day of LINQ training under .NET
| 4-Day .NET Training
VB.NET Training BOOTCAMP™
4 Days of expert hands-on Windows Forms training using VB.NET
C# .NET 3.5 Training BOOTCAMP™
4 Days of intense hands-on Windows Forms training using C#.NET
| Other Microsoft
ASP Training/ Web Development BOOTCAMP™
VB Training Intro ASAP™
VB6 Intermediate Bootcamp is going from a 4-Day BOOTCAMP-style to a single day seminar-style (ASAP) lecture.
VB Training Advanced BOOTCAMP™
The most advanced VB Training available, recently updated to include XML with DOM and SAX
Quick .NET Training for Developers
VB.NET Training ASAP™
1 intense day of essentials
ASP.NET Training ASAP™
1 day fast-forward ASP.NET
C# Training ASAP™
1 day of full immersion C#
Quick .NET Training for IT Managers
.NET vs. Java Platform Technology Overview
1 day of intense compare and contrast
.NET Training: The 1-day .NET for Managers (with some hands-on)
The 1-day seminar that completely DEMYSTIFIES .NEt technology, for MANAGERS
'ASAP' OOP Training and UML Training
UML Training ASAP™
1-day full-immersion course in UML-based Systems Design
OOP Training ASAP™
1-day full-immersion course in Object Oriented Programming Concepts
Cities Where We Delivered ONSITE .NET training recently:
New York City,NY
Los Angeles ,CA
San Antonio ,TX
San Diego ,CA
San Jose ,CA
San Francisco ,CA
Fort Worth ,TX
El Paso ,TX
Las Vegas ,NV
Oklahoma City ,OK
Long Beach ,CA
Kansas City ,MO
Virginia Beach, VA
Colorado Springs ,CO
Santa Ana ,CA
Corpus Christi ,TX
St. Paul ,MN
Fort Wayne ,IN
St. Petersburg ,FL
Jersey City ,NJ
Baton Rouge ,LA
New Orleans ,LA
Chula Vista ,CA
San Bernardino ,CA
Course Name: Executive Overview: Development Platforms and Tools
Brief Course Description: In depth overview of current technologies relevant to Information Technology professionals, including all the important major topics for 2001: application servers, web servers, Java/J2EE/JavaBeans, XML technology, and Microsoft .NET.
Duration: 3.5 Hours
Format: Instructor-led, lecture
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of the IT industry
Assumed Audience: Non-Technical. Appropriate for business application sponsors, project leads, training managers and others whose role is primarily business-oriented. This ˝ day course is aimed at those professionals who need to demystify the current set of technology offering available to build business applications.
Course Materials: Resource Pack with Electronic Copy on CD. Terminology listings, important diagrams and product compare/contrast information is provided in these materials. You will know your J2EE from your WebSphere and be able to discuss the interrelationships between all of the technologies in common use today when building complex business systems.
- Presentation Overview: Understanding the Changing Development Landscape
- Understanding Terms and Words: the ever changing terminology challenge
- Understanding Competing Vendors: spreading Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt
- Understanding Competing Standards: the real battlefield for vendors.
- Understanding the Building Blocks (appservers, webservers, tools)
- Understanding the interrelationships between all the technology available
- Clients and Servers
- Client side technology vs. Server Side Technology: ask yourself, is this server-side or client-side technology I am looking at?
- Server Side Overview
- Web Servers(Microsoft: IIS; BEA: Weblogic; IBM: Websphere)
- Application Servers (Microsoft: COM+/MTS; BEA: Weblogic; IBM: Websphere; Sun: J2EE)
- ‘Middleware”….what it is, how to identify it
- Standards for data (XML) parameter passing (XML, SOAP) intercommunication between apps (COM+, SOAP)
- Details: Understanding the Java Platform
- J2EE, J2SE, J2ME – Major pieces of the overall Java Platform and how they fit into today’s corporate world.
- J2EE – Java 2 Enterprise Edition
- Understanding Java Server Pages (JSP), Servlets and Enterprise Java Beans (EJB).
- What are Java Server Pages and Servlets and what types of skills does a development staff require to use this set of technologies successfully.
- What are Enterprise Java Beans and what types of skills does a development staff require to use this set of technologies successfully.
- What is JNDI, RMI and other enterprise level Java technologies.
- Understanding J2EE Architectural strategies and criteria to use when deciding which strategy is right for your organization.
- Application Servers – What do they do and why do we need them?
- Application Server Vendors and their products
- IBM and the Websphere Application Server
- BEA and the Weblogic Application Server
- Sun and the iPlanet Application Server
- Open Source Software
- Apache Software Foundation
- Tomcat and the Apache Web Server
- Why does Open Source Software make sense for some companies?
- J2SE – Java 2 Standard Edition
- What is the J2SE and what comes with it?
- What is the JDK and how is it different from the JRE
- Is Java a rapid application development tool?
- Criteria for determining if moving to the Java Platform is right for a particular company if they haven’t moved to it already.
- J2ME, JXTA, JAXP and other Java Initiatives
- Development Tools for Java
- IBM and VisualAge for Java
- Borland and JBuilder 4
- Sun – Forte and NetBeans
- Symantec and Visual Café
- Details: Understanding the Microsoft Platform – The Old and the New
- Where are we at now?
- Current State of Windows NT 4.0
- Moving to and utilizing Windows 2000 if you haven’t done so already
- Should we move to Windows 2000 if we haven’t done so already?
- How much longer is Windows NT 4.0 going to be supported?
- Current Programming Languages
- Current Languages and Development Tools and Platforms in Use Today
- Visual Studio 6.0
- Visual Basic 6.0 – Where is it and where is it going?
- ADO 2.6
- Visual C++ - Where is it and where is it going?
- Visual Interdev 6.0
- Internet Information Server 4.0 and 5.0 and should you move to IIS 5.0 and ASP 3.0 if still using IIS 4.0 and ASP 2.0.
- Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) 2.0 NT 4.0and COM+ Services on Windows 2000 and should you be migrating from MTS to COM+.
- Understanding the Relationship between Visual Basic 6.0 DLL’s, Internet Information Server and MTS/COM+
- The .NET Platform
- C# - What is this new language and is this a replacement for C++?
- Common Language Runtime (CLR)
- How does the CLR work and how does it accommodate different languages like C# and VB.NET
- If one is thinking that this CLR seems familiar to them, that’s because it is.
- VB.NET – What happened to good old Visual Basic?
- Is Visual Basic as we know and love, dead?
- Does it make sense to stop using Visual Basic 6.0?
- Is Visual Basic dead – Revisited.
- Is the learning curve really that high and is there something my organization can do now to decrease this perceived learning curve?
- What is ADO.NET and is it really that different from ADO 2.x?
- How is this different from ASP 2 and 3
- How large is the learning curve for ASP.NET if I already have an experienced staff on IIS and ASP 2 or 3?
- Conclusion – Looks like there is a lot of work to do.
- What steps should be taken now to prepare?
- Is there anything developers should be aware of now to ease the migration to .NET?
- In performing a cost benefit analysis of moving to .NET, what types of factors should we be looking at?
- What if we’re happy right where we are with Visual Studio 6.0 and NT 4.0 and/or Windows 2000?
- Details: XML – A Demystification
- What are DTD’s and Schemas and which one should we choose?
- What is the difference between DOM and SAX parsers and when is the appropriate time and place to use each one?
- Recommended uses for XML in your applications.
- Don’t go overboard – how XML should not be used in applications (Do NOT use it to replace an RDBMS).
- Why is XML sometimes compared to EDI and can they really be compared?
- Is XML really less expensive than EDI if it was used for this purpose right now?
- Product Vendors and Software Providers: IBM, Sun, Microsoft and Open Source.
- Details: Relational Database Management Systems - RDBMS
- Choosing and Re-evaluating the purchase of an RDBMS
- What are my choices?
- Comparing IBM’s DB2, Oracle 9i, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and Sybase Adaptive SQL Server.
- Are there any Open Source databases and do they compare in terms of quality and performance to commercial products like the one’s just mentioned?
- Details: Web Services – Why do we care?
- What are Web Services and why is everyone always talking about them?
- Are you kidding – it’s just XML over HTTP?
- Demystification of terms – SOAP, UDDI, WSDL, ebXML
- Isn’t this a replacement for DCOM, CORBA and RMI?
- Understanding Web Services in Microsoft’s world. Did you just say that SOAP can be used with VB 6.0 and ASP?
- Understanding Web Services on the Java platform.
- We have a lot of disparate platforms in our company, wouldn’t this set of technologies allow those platforms to communicate in an easier fashion?
- Application Architecture and Develop Processes
- MVC Architecture and a Layered Approach – Understanding the differences between Model 1 and Model 2. Which one is right for our organization?
- 3 Tier and n-Tier Architecture – What are common pitfalls to this approach and how can I avoid them?
- Understanding the use of Design Patterns and how development staff can improve the design, code and maintainability of software applications.
- Design Do’s and Don’ts.
- Testing your applications for both Usability and Performance.
Click here to contact us for more information.
Search ANY Site
Register for a Class
Agile .NET Blog
Online .NET 3.5 training
.NET 3.5 Training Online
ONLINE .NET 3.5 training online, instructor-led
NewTech's comprehensive hands-on, online .NET 3.5 training BOOTCAMP, using C#.NET and VB.NET, in a fast-paced 5-day hands-on format.
ONLINE ASP.NET training online, instructor-led
NewTech's intense hands-on, online ASP.NET training BOOTCAMP, using C# & VB.NET, in a comprehensive 5-day format.
Online .NET Training
.NET Training Online
online .NET for Managers training online
This is THE online .NET training class for project managers. The format is 1-day, seminar, with optional hands-on. Looking for online .NET manager training? This is it!
online LINQ .NET training online, scheduled, instructor-led
NewTech's intense 1-day hands-on .NET online LINQ training program, using C#.NET and VB.NET, includes hands-on exercises, 500+ page book, and 30 days of tech support.
Hands-On Java Training and JSP Training
Java Training BOOTCAMP™
Intense Java training for pro developers new to Java
JSP Training BOOTCAMP™
The most comprehensive JSP training & Servlet training on the market today
Quick Java and JSP Training for Developers
Java Training ASAP™
One code-intense day of lecture in Java fundamentals
JSP Training ASAP™
One code-intense day of lecture in JSP & Servlets
Quick Java & JSP Training for IT Managers
Java Training: Technology Platform Overview
For IT managers and developers new to the Java platform
.NET vs. Java Training: Platform Technology Overview
1 day of intense platform compare-and-contrast
BEA Weblogic Overview™
One day of lecture in J2EE fundamentals using BEA Weblogic
Perl Training BOOTCAMP™
Four-day hands-on training, for pro developers new to Perl programming
Other Developer Training We Offer
Can't find the class you want on the schedule? We offer lots of additional training for developers and managers. Check our extensive list of additional training here
ASP.NET Training BOOTCAMP™
Four-day hands-on training, for pro developers new to ASP.NET
.NET and Java Help, AFTER Training
Architecture and Mentoring
System design and coaching for your team
Horsepower to complete your projects on time
Off-Site Technical Services
Development of your apps on time and on budget